Thursday, December 27, 2007

Beaumont


This is another of the pieces of sheet music I had picked up in Winnie Texas. And now, for a story...
So Saturday Wes had an employee party so we couldn't go to dinner like we had planned. So to make up for it, we decided to go to Pappadeaux's in Beaumont for some seafood. Wes' grandparents and aunt were supposed to go with us, but they deiceded against it about 30 minutes before we left. So we set out in my tracker to Beaumont. We made it into the city and everything was going great and we were talking and relaxing....and then we came over a hill and there was some sort of axle thing in the road!!! I had an eighth of a second to decide to hit the cars to my left or run over the axle and then, I went over it. it was like a 10 inch steel disk with boltholes around its circumference and a four foot shaft, about three inches in diameter and threaded on the end. I describe it as an axle, but lordonlyknows what it was. SO, it blew out both of my passenger side tires, bent the rims, and tore out the brake line. Lost control of the brakes but made it to the shoulder safely where I rolled to a stop. I jumped out to see if I could change the tire, but alas, they were both flat. I called my mom and she got us a tow truck and headed out to pick us up.
Well, now I'm car-less until it can be fixed, it will be about a week and a half, but at least it's not costing me much. It's actually cheaper to pay for it myself than pay my insurance deductible, but at least I can afford it. There is more to this story, but I'll finish it another post. Safe driving everyone!!!

No comments: